Hello,
I am primarilly a 3D artist, but used to code, now I want to make a game in Unity (basically with Javascript and C#), and my problem is as follows:
I plan to make a fully modular environment which utilizes nodes, that is we can dynamically combine elements to achieve different results (node A and node B put as input to node C, node C linked to node D, etc... - with switches, layer nodes, and so on). How should I approach the question? Where can I find tutorials (and which language is better for that purpose: C# or Javascript)? The nodes can be entities, actions, geometry modifiers, etc. I then want those nodes to be put in container objects (for instance, a certain gameobject) so that I can model their "character" and behaviour rules using subfunctions (which also are made of those elementary nodes) or something like that. I mean something like BennyTheDog.FindMaster or BennyTheDog.Sleep or BennyTheDog.TakeAPiss. I want those nodes to communicate with each other automatically given the set of messages, but also to be able to issue commands. I've heard of something known as flow programming - is it the way?
Thanks in advance.