CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question More Strange MS SDK compile error pls help

I don't know if this s**t means anything to anyone...but I hope someone can tell me what's wrong with my MS Visual c++ v 6 (using platform sdk v6.0a).

Thanks in advance

compiling...
    StdAfx.cpp
    c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\winnt.h(3417) : warning C4035: 'ReadPMC' : no return value
    c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\winnt.h(3447) : warning C4035: 'ReadTimeStampCounter' : no return value
    c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\wingdi.h(4340) : warning C4068: unknown pragma
    c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\wingdi.h(4341) : warning C4068: unknown pragma
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\comdef.h(695) : error C2065: 'IAsyncSetup' : undeclared identifier
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\comdef.h(710) : error C2065: 'IClassAccess' : undeclared identifier
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\comdef.h(712) : error C2065: 'IClassAdmin' : undeclared identifier
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\comdef.h(715) : error C2065: 'IClassRefresh' : undeclared identifier
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\comdef.h(750) : error C2065: 'IEnumClass' : undeclared identifier
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\comdef.h(762) : error C2065: 'IEnumPackage' : undeclared identifier
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\comdef.h(1078) : error C2065: 'IXMLElementNotificationSink' : undeclared identifier
    Error executing cl.exe.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: More Strange MS SDK compile error pls help

Have a look at this thread.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Ah...some VC 2010 had snuck into the configuration. I must add that this isn't my code, but something I've inherited from our customer.

Now, however, I get:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include\SpecStrings.h(9) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'sal.h'.
    I notice that I only have sal.h in VC 2010's folders.

I've checked to ensure that the SDK include/lib folders are placed first (which they were).

Didn't you read the thread I referred to in my previous post?
    The latest SDK compatible with VC++ 6.0 is the one from February 2003 (SDK for Windows 2003 Server) and you seem to use the SDK for VS2008 (for Vista and above)
    Victor Nijegorodov

Hm...that's a little weird...because I'm using the previous version (6.0A), so I don't know where the VS2008 stuff should've come from.
    I started out with the 2003 version (7.0A), but since I got compile errors and since some people said it might cause problems I went to find the 6.0A.
    My include is this:
    Name:  include.PNG
Views: 1741
Size:  11.5 KB

I've checked the command line settings to ensure that I'm not looking into anything newer, and that is not the case...

Again:
    The latest SDK compatible with VC++ 6.0 is the one from February 2003 (SDK for Windows 2003 Server)
    Its version is 5 (to be precise: 5.2.3790.0)
    Victor Nijegorodov

Ah...silly me. I have both Microsoft SDK and Microsoft SDKs\Windows...

It works now.

Thanks for bearing with me.