CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

CE 6.0 Programming

Hi everybody,

I want to take on a project which is an app to run on a MC2180. The MC2180 is a Windows CE 6.0 OS device. The thing is though that I've never coded a CE app before. What do I need to be able to code this on my vista pc with VS2010? That's question 1. And also, what is involved in deploying the app to the device? The app is supposed to read a barcode, record a sale in an mssql database along with a signature. I want to write a "hello world" app to deploy to the device before commiting to the project. The test hello world app may even capture a barcode and simply display it on screen for this test. Well anyway, will you folks please chime in on this?

Re: CE 6.0 Programming

David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

[ moved thread ]
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

That was helpful. I didn't know that CE programming was so different. I passed on that project because of that. Thanks.

CE programming is hard as I am learning it. Thanks for sharing link.

For a Ce based device you would use VS2003 for CE 4.x VS2005 or 2008 for CE 5.x and 6.x

There is no template that I have found for CE 6 but so far the apps I have built for CE 5 have ran without issues under CE 6

I have written for several of the MCxxxx devices, many different models CE4 ,5 ,6 as well as various versions of Windows Mobile

Depending on the functions you want to use you may need the MSDK or ESDK from Motorola as well.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.