I'm trying to convert dicom .dcm file to .jpeg using Imebra in C++ app using QT Creator as dev environment.

I've downloaded Imebra and was able to run QT project example for Dicom2Jpeg conversion successfully. But when I tried to copy same code to my C++ app it failed to run with following error msg:

malloc: * error for object xxxxxx: pointer being freed was not allocated * set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

I have followed steps on adding Imebra files to my project as it was shown on Imebra site. Also used their qt project as example. My main.cpp open dicom file, then loads it to dataset, then calls my dialog window. It crashes on loading dataset.

#include "QApplication.h"
#include "QHBoxLayout.h"
#include "mydialog.h"
#include "iostream.h"

include "library/imebra/include/imebra.h"
int main( int argc, char ** argv ){

using namespace puntoexe;
ptr<stream> readStream(new stream);
readStream->openFile("/pathToDcmFile/test.dcm",std::ios_base::in);

ptr<streamReader> reader(new streamReader(readStream));

//this line causes malloc error
ptr<imebra:ataSet> dSet=imebra::codecs::codecFactory::getCodecFactory()->load(reader,2048);

Q_INIT_RESOURCE(images);

QApplication a( argc, argv );

MyDialog md;
md.show();

return a.exec();
}

Deeper debugging showed that source of error is in JpegCodec.cpp file readStream() function when checking JpegSignature to see if it's in wrong format with resulting internal PUNTOEXE error "detected a wrong format".

Interesting thing is that while running same test dcm file using given dicom2jpeg example (which has exact same code of opening file and loading it) gives no errors and converts to jpeg successfully. So I know it's not the file issue, but the way imebra code is integrated into my C++ app.

My dev environment: macbook pro with Lion OS, QT Creator, QT project, C++ code, ITK library added, Imebra files are completely integrated as part of the Qt project.

So, my question is how do I work/link/reference/call Imebra functionality in QT project? Am I forgetting to link something, or some object is not instantiated/deleted on time?

Any ideas are highly appreciated,

Evushka