I see there's something called a manifest file but VS C++ EXPRESS seems different than non-express. The solutions I've seen show applets/tabs that I don't have in Express.

In one of my physical DEBUG folders are some .manifest. files and some a .res and .rc file.

I know you need to edit the XML and change asInvoker to requiredAdministrator (or something like that).

The confusing part is if I go into Project Properties, MANIFEST TOOL caret/tree, under INPUT AND OUTPUT, it shows this .manifest file is OUTPUT. It's as if it rewrites it every time with some defaults? I have edited it, but I see it's back to asInvoker. There is a spot to put in a ADDITIONAL manifest file (or .res file).

Does a manifest somehow affect the physical .exe file (something is imbedded in it??)?

How do I change my project to make sure that the .exe always runs as Admin? Will doing this ALSO allow me to DEBUG it in VS C++ EXPRESS without having to do anything different (play with manifest or run VS outright with Admin level)?