Greeting Codeguru world.
A small question in my mind is ringing me time to time. I did some of the projects using STL container and it is pretty much efficient to retrieve the data's information quickly (i.e. sets, sets & maps). I read many C++ OOP book and none of them make me clear about the Link Between (STL) Container and (Fstream) File I/O. Can they link together ?

Making clear,

I am going to design a small Library Book Management Project. I am planning to develop it using the STL Algorithms & containers. Objective of this project is to keeping the records of books issued and deposited by students in a particular date. User will be given a facility to retrieve student's information, book information and he/she can modify/update specific book's, student's information by changing issue date, deposited date, Book's publication etc.

My intention is to create a File I/O where user can input & update/modify daily transaction inside the file called (xx.dat) file in project directory. Is it possible to create 'set' container inside the file (xx.dat) ? Or, It's impossible ? Or, do i have to do this in other way?

Any suggestion ?

I hope i make cleared what i wanted to say?

Regards
basanta