CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Javascript is in use by advanced civilisations

I was watching a repeat of "Stargate SG1 - Ark of Truth" last night when I noticed that the source code of the 'Replicators' created by the Asgard computer bore an uncanny resemblance to Javascript. HTML too. Who knew?
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong."
    Richard P. Feynman

Re: Javascript is in use by advanced civilisations

I didn't pay enough attention to the Stargate series to notice that, but at least I do know that the Terminator in the first movie was programmed in 6502 assembly language. (More precisely some Apple ][ stuff, IIRC, but I'm too tired at the moment to do deeper research on that.) Quite fascinating, but of course that would never have sufficed for the massively distributed architecture the Replicators are based on...
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.