CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

FTP with progress dialog

For a project I'm working on, I need to be able to download a file from an FTP server and store it to a predetermined location with a predetermined name. No user interaction should be needed. Because the file is rather large, and I need the main program to remain responsive, this is going to need a progress dialog.

I could write all this myself and use the MFC wininet wrappers (CInternetSession et al) to do the downloading, but... Explorer already has this, and IE has such a dialog also. It doesn't seem unreasonable to assume those dialogs are available via some API.

Is a "FTP download with dialog" available as a windows API, or do I really need to write all this myself ?

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: FTP with progress dialog

I have no idea, but it seems using CInternetFile::Read and a progress dialog would be very trivial to implement. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Re: FTP with progress dialog

Here is a ftp client I 'stole' a few years ago from the internet and wrapped it in a class. The GetFile () function gives you progress that you can use for a progress window.
    FtpClient.cpp
    FtpClient.h