CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Creating an application bot

Hello,

I have written a bot for the web-browser game (Gladiatus), but it seems application bots to be more different. I am trying to load the game in my Form, so it would be easier for handling. Here is my unsuccessful code:

Code:
    [DllImport("user32.dll")]
            static extern IntPtr SetParent(IntPtr hWndChild, IntPtr hWndNewParent);

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                var clientApplication = Process.Start("C:\\Program Files\\Diablo III\\Diablo III Launcher.exe");         
                var gameForm = new GameWindow();
                gameForm.Show();
                SetParent(clientApplication.MainWindowHandle, gameForm.Handle);
            }

So I am asking you for help. I want this game to load into my form, or if it would be easier how to make my application to manage the game (as you can see it will be Diablo 3).

Thank you for your help!

Re: Creating an application bot

(Just a note to say I'm making a personal decision NOT to help out with this, because I don't agree with the [lack of] principles behind creating automated players for games that are designed to be enjoyed by a wide selection of people)
    "it's a fax from your dog, Mr Dansworth. It looks like your cat" - Gary Larson...DW1: Data Walkthroughs 1.1...DW2: Data Walkthroughs 2.0...DDS: The DataSet Designer Surface...ANO: ADO.NET2 Orientation...DAN: Deeper ADO.NET...DNU...PQ