CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Cannot Open .RPT file

Hi,
    I have recently started a job where I am supporting some old Crystal Reports. I believe they were created in Crystal Reports 7. Eventually I want to convert the reports, but, for now, I need to update them with new parameters & general support such as that. Most of them open fine in Crystal Reports 7, but I have a few .rpt files that are part of a Java project. I believe they work using the Crystal Reports web viewer. I need to edit the parameters in one of these reports. When I open the JSP file that the webpage points to, it does not have the meat of the code. I believe that is in the .rpt file that it calls, but I can't find any way to open that file without getting the following errors:
    Failed to open document.
    Invalid report schema.

If anyone has any ideas at all, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Bonnie

Re: Cannot Open .RPT file

Could you post/atach one of the 'bad' rpts
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

Hi,
    Thanks for your response. I've attached the report file that I've been working on.
    Bonnie

pledgeStatsCounts.rpt

Sorry, I can't open the rpt using CR versions 7, 8.5, 10 & 12
    The error message is "Impossible to open the report"
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

Yes, that is my problem. I assume it would be easy to change the report options if I could just open it. If anyone has any ideas about how to open the report, I'm open to trying pretty much anything. Thanks so much for testing.
    Bonnie