CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

ASP MVC update panel

How to use update panels in asp.net mvc? What is the best practice and library for that?

Re: ASP MVC update panel

Let me first suggets you to look at this: http://www.asp.net/mvc/mvc3 and to go here http://www.asp.net/mvc/samples and download the good MVCMusicStore example, as I cannot believe you are really going to develope following MVC pattern under classic asp.Net.
    I am telling it as I do believe it will prove really hard (if ever possible). MVC pattern is good for web developing as long as you abandon ViewState, server controls and events driven develope.

You could give a try to suggestmenst from Microsoft itself : search for "web platform installer", download microsft extensions for asp.net mvc3 (and/or mvc4), then try the new templates. You could end up having a big insight. Then you will see that you do not need UpdatePanel anymore; $.Ajax() will be a nice surprise, expecially combined with Json (which is easily managed via Net).

If you take the time to try, let me know.
    If you have no decision on that kind of choice and are forced to use MVC inside classic Asp, I cannot help but praying for you: only in 2008 and before someone tried MVC with classic Asp, and the general advice from that experience was: "do not try it at home!"
    Last edited by Cimperiali; December 1st, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
    ...at present time, using mainly Net 4.0, Vs 2010

Special thanks to Lothar "the Great" Haensler, Chris Eastwood , dr_Michael, ClearCode, Iouri and
    all the other wonderful people who made and make Codeguru a great place.
    Come back soon, you Gurus.