CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] oAuth 2.0 - please one first step to start, i am lost

I have 90% completed a desktop application (vb6) in order to browse posts of a list of blogs in a very fast and easy way. There are many functions in this utility, all of them are ready to go.

As a last operation, i want for the user to select and re-post a selection from other blogs, to his blog. I am using of course Google Blogger API to do all the stuff (reading posts so far), but posting a new thread to a blog is entirely different thing, because oAuth authentication needed and i am kind of lost on this.

I understand oAuth is about protection of user's private data. It says that I just can't put a login dialog to my application and stole the sensitive data (username and password) of a blog, thats why oAuth forces the developer to redirect the user to a Google's service, login there and if successfull to return to the program a temporary, time-limited token in order to use it in specific apis.

But, i dont have any idea how to do that process and i cant find any guide specially for vb. Can anyone help, give me some start on this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by dtv; December 2nd, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
    - Better live in the digital world -

Re: oAuth 2.0 - please one first step to start, i am lost

I was searching for hours, maybe with wrong keywords, and what a surprise i've found the most great document about auth only some minutes after posting here...

Complete reference and examples for using oAuth2.0 authentication in order to run google apis from within desktop ("installed") applications:
    https://developers.google.com/accoun...edApp#overview

[solved]
    - Better live in the digital world -

Re: oAuth 2.0 - please one first step to start, i am lost

Mark this post as RESOLVED...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!