CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Exclamation Adding Manifest in VS2010 MFC for UI controls display ???

I have migrated my MFC application from Visual Studio 6 to VS2010. But the UI controls still looks the same as of old theme. How can i add the manifest file now to get the UI controls to be displayed as of the current OS theme. i.e. Win7 look if the application is run on windows 7.

Any help ???

Thanks!

Re: Adding Manifest in VS2010 MFC for UI controls display ???

Add this to your stdafx.h (or wherever is more convenient to you)

Code:
    #if defined _M_IX86
    #pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")
    #elif defined _M_IA64
    #pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='ia64' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")
    #elif defined _M_X64
    #pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='amd64' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")
    #else
    #pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='*' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")
    #endif

This will add the necessary section in your app manifest.