CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

place an image in kinect color frame in vc++

Hi,

I m trying to place an image on the colour frame of the Kinect live video. I m able to overlay the image using alpha blending mechanism.

The image used is a bitmap image of dimension 128*128.
    The Kinect has a resolution of 640*480.
    IDE used is Visual studio 2010 and I m developing using c++.

The Kinect has a render target whose size is taken as 640*480 so that it stretches for the complete window. So when I try to overlay the image it appears 5 times because of this stretching.
    If I increase the image size to 640*128 i get a single image that is stretched horizontally across the window with dimension 640*480.

I have created a function that will create a render target with bitmap properties and size equal to 640*480. This is used to store the data from the Kinect, frame by frame, and draw it on to the screen

So I think when I overlay the image, it gets replicated 5 times to meet the render target size.
    By default the image is placed at the left top position.

My doubts are
    • How can I use different functions to specify the size of render target for Kinect as 640*480 and the size of render target for bitmap image as 128*128.
    • How to I give overlay or place the image on the live video at a specific location.
    Thankx a ton in advance.

Re: place an image in kinect color frame in vc++

Man, how many times you gonna send this question, again and again? I do believe the first time was enough. If nobody answers to your first post, this definitely means that people here have nothing to advise.
    Best regards,
    Igor

Re: place an image in kinect color frame in vc++

Yep, I googled "xbox kinect developer forum" and I got some hits....maybe you can too!
    ahoodin
    To keep the plot moving, that's why.