CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Connect between Visual C++ 2008 and SQL Server 2005

hi, I use Visual Studio 2008. I wonder how to connect the Visual C++ to my SQL server (.mdf extension). in seems easy to connect visual basic and visual C# from data source to their project. but in Visual C++ when you want to add a data source ; the only data source it's appear is Objects. but when you request it from Visual basic or Visual C#; the data source are : Object, Database, and Service.

please, help me with clear steps which can let me connect the SQL server to my Visual C++.

And thanks for advance

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: Connect between Visual C++ 2008 and SQL Server 2005

Look up CRecordset.

Re: Connect between Visual C++ 2008 and SQL Server 2005

For the proper connection strings check here...

http://www.connectionstrings.com
    Jim
    ATP BE400 CE500 (C550B-SPW) CE560XL MU300 CFI CFII

"The speed of non working code is irrelevant"... Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."...Calvin Coolidge 30th President of the USA.