I am encountering a road block trying to modify SQL codes behind Crystal Report 2008 command objects and wondering if someone has encountered the same problem before ...

Though new to Crystal Reports I can imagine that at least a couple of people in this community must have seen the same problem and found a solution to it.

In essence ... I cannot get the command object to disconnect from the repository (said capability is grayed out from pop up when I right click the command object from Database Expert) so that I can make modifications to the SQL code.

Before I finally found something saying that I need to disconnect it from the repository ... I tried all kinds of things ... I tried modifying the sql ... saving modifications etc. only to find (upon reopening of the command's sql) that nothing is getting changed .. so I have hit that wall many times before finding out that I need the aforementioned disconnection thing (at this point my hope is that if I can get the disconnnect to work) then I should succeed in modifying the sql and getting it saved ... all help much appreciated ...

Thanks so much for all the help ...

Gratefully,
Matt