CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

.NET 4.0 Certification

First off, my handle since the 80's has been "Codeguru". So this is an awkward post, hah.

Anyway, I've been looking for a while, and can anyone tell me the proper certification path one would take to be a proper .NET developer? As if to put on a resume? I've been going over tutorials and such for all the different aspects, and C#/VB are languages I've used in the past. I just want to gain the proper credentials to show I know what I'm talking about to employers. I already have a BS in Computer Science, just looking to add on...

Re: .NET 4.0 Certification

um.... How about a Microsoft Developer Certification? Specifically, the MCSD - Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...-overview.aspx

Of course, experience trumps certifications if looking for a job. Right now there are lots of C#/VB jobs available if one looks. At least in the USA there are.

Brad!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

-----------------------------------------------

Oh yes, experience would be great. But I'm hardly the kind of person to do freelance contract work yet, and I'm basically starting my career rather than continuing it. So, no real work experience yet. So MCSD is their blah blah term for .Net Developer? I did come across that but it sounded odd. But thanks for clearing that up. I'd definitely look into it. If they are like other certification paths, they are bound to have an associate level certification for lowly people like me. Gotta start somewhere though...

Just a note. The MCSD has been replaced by the MCPD ( Microsoft Certified Professional Developer ) :

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ification.aspx

BTW, also broadening my mind now and looking for a job overseas....

"MCPD certifications will not be updated for versions later than Visual Studio 2010, and your MCPD certification will decline in value as companies move to newer versions of our products. Take advantage of special upgrades to earn a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and protect your investment in your certifications. "

Umm, that would seem to indicate the MCPD was replaced by the MCSD. Or am I reading it wrong?...

OK, that I didn't know - I'm sorry.

It used to be the MCSD since I can remember. Then it changed to MCPD. Now, they're changing it back to MCSD?? Doesn't make sense to me at all.

I give training ( believe it or not ) on these courses and everything programming related. I've been doing it since early 2000's. This is a surprise to me.

I'll do some digging in any case...

No wonder people here in South Arica never know what to do...

I would love to get access to some kind of training courses. I hope companies still shell out for crap like that once you're on the job...