In order to facilitate backing up of source code developers are working on that they haven't yet checked in to TFS we have decided to check out source code onto a network drive instead of one's local computer. I mapped the network drive on my machine and downloaded all the source code and then opened up the project from the source located on the network drive.

However my application won't run. I get these errors:

Failed to start monitoring changes to 'Z:\\...'.

If I then run the last successful build I get the following error in the browser:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to start monitoring changes to 'Z:\...'.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: Z:\...\web.config Line: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5466; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456

I have a feeling the problem is with the web.config file but I can't figure out what that problem is. Can anyone help?