CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Memory/Handle leak in my code

Hey, I made a simple multi-threaded program for something, and am having issues with a memory leak and a handle leak..

Anyone have an idea on how to solve it?

After about 40000 runs, it starts eating up so much memory my system bogs down, and the GC.Collect() I put in doesn't seem to do anything

Note that I removed a few strings from the code.

Thanks!

Code:
    [ Source code for dictionary-based webserver attack redacted by moderator ]
    Last edited by BioPhysEngr; January 3rd, 2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: redact code

Re: Memory/Handle leak in my code

This is for a private project, which is why I removed the website data, as we don't want anyone else accessing our web server.

Re: Memory/Handle leak in my code

Hello! You appear to be conducting a dictionary-based attack against a webserver. Even if you control the webserver, it would be easy for someone to adapt your code for nefarious purposes. Therefore, discussion of those topics is not permitted on these forums as a matter of policy, see the Acceptable Use Policy.

However, please feel free to stay and discuss other legitimate programming concerns.

[Thread closed]
    Last edited by BioPhysEngr; January 3rd, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
    Best Regards,

BioPhysEngr
    http://blog.biophysengr.net
    --
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.