Hello,

I'm trying to publish a webapp to a server. The way we do this at my work is we publish it to a local folder on whatever computer we're working on and then upload the contents of that folder (except the web.config file) to the root folder on the server. This seems to work fine, so I'm trying to do the same on my home computer and my own server.

I`m working in Visual Studios Express 2012 for Web. My Server is Windows Server 2003 running IIS 6. It publishes in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\DefaultAppPool\ and if I go to http://localhost/DefaultAppPool/ it seems to work fine. Then I upload to D:\Inetpub\public_websites\mm-theory\wwwroot\. There are two web.config files, one outside the DefaultAppPool folder that looks like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
        <directoryBrowse enabled="true" />
        <defaultDocument>
            <files>
                <add value="nuts_and_bolts.aspx" />
            </files>
        </defaultDocument>
    </system.webServer>
</configuration>
and another inside the DefaultAppPool folder that looks like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>

<system.web>
      <compilation targetFramework="4.5" />
      <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5" />
    </system.web>

</configuration>
When I upload the latter, I have to change it to look like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>

<system.web>
      <compilation targetFramework="4.0" />
      <!-- <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5" /> -->
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>

</configuration>
If I go to www.mm-theory.com and it tells me

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:
•This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.
I set the permissions on the folder to everyone and gave it maximum access, but that didn`t work. I have a legitimate username and password set into the website properties (under Directory Security).

If I go to www.mm-theory.com\DefaultAppPool\ it tells me:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The file '/mm-theory.Master' does not exist.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Title="" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/mm-theory.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="nuts_and_bolts.aspx.cs" Inherits="mm_theory.home" %>
Line 2: <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" runat="server">
Line 3: </asp:Content>

Source File: /DefaultAppPool/nuts_and_bolts.aspx Line: 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
mm-theory.Master does so exist.

I tried publishing directly to the server as well, but I didn't have much luck there either.

Please help.