CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

k8055 c++ program help

Hello, i'm doing a senior design project and i don't know a whole lot about c++ programs. I bought a k8055 board that came with an open source program. I need to modify this program to detect our chip, take digital inputs, and send digital ouput. A simple C++ program that would do the same thing would be fine also. I just can't decipher the source code for the program that came with the chip. A little background about what i'm trying to do is have a program that detects our k8055 board, takes digital inputs, sends these inputs into microsoft access or excel. Also i need to need to do this for a pda running windows mobile. Does anyone know if a regualr c++ program will work on that. I think this is the correct files. This forum would not let me upload the files straight from the cd because it said that they were too large. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.velleman.be/downloads/fil...ource_code.zip

Re: k8055 c++ program help

Recently I've managed to program my own code into K8055N board microcontroller (PIC18F24J50). I also developed my own DLL in C++ which can interface to C++ or VB or any other applications. Of course, I could use the Velleman's DLL, but I get whole more functionalities from my firmware (like 10-bit A/D conversion and access to 16 analog input channels). However, if you would still like to use the original DLL in C++ programs, I don't see a problem. It has similar interface to my DLL. Here is an example of my C++ applicytion calling DLL.

Here is an example:

delaration:

[DllImport("k8055d.dll" , CharSet = CharSet::Ansi)] extern "C" int OpenDevice(int CardAddress);

use in program:

OpenDevice(0);

Re: k8055 c++ program help

The example on how to use my library is a little different because I uset .NET technology. You must add the library onto the project through project properties and then declare namespace:

using namespace SVLib_PIC18F24J50;

all the rest si simple:

SVPICAPI board;
    board.Open(0xEE01);
    board.SetDigitalOutputs(255);