CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

New to programming - Need help

Hello

Im really new to programming though i have been using scripts @ work. Hope you can help me out on my request.

I have lot of word documents with loads of information. I need to create a internal webpage(only reqd for our team) which should ask the user to enter the details. For ex: Enter the name of the server to get all the details. The user should then enter the server name and the script should fetch all the details from the word document that i have with this details.

Im not sure what script to be used for this purpose? could someone please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Re: New to programming - Need help

I think you might need to repost this request to a different forum. What you're asking for is a server-side application, not a client-side script. You've also not specified some fundamentals like what type of web server coding you'd like to do this in (there are various choices including PHP, ASP .Net, Classic ASP) and also what information you want to retrieve from within these Word documents, so do you wish to access the filesystem information - such as document name, save date, document owner etc. - or do you wish to search INSIDE the documents, or do you wish to access the custom field information such as here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscript...-document.aspx

Re: New to programming - Need help

No do not repost it!!!
    Tell me what forum and I will move it. Do you want to do this via scripting or an embedded application?
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.