CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: I need very fast help, like within the hour, please!

Well, I can only recommend C++ sources that have helped me out. Here's another: http://www.learncpp.com/. You might try using Google to search C++ arrays and see if it can return results in your native language, that might be more helpful.

lol not likelly i am from estonia ( a small european country) so finding something off the internet in estonia isnt very likelly

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftXShadow View Post
    still dont have a book, or even know the name of 1 that about the stuff i need to know for my classes.
    You're taking a class and you don't have a text book? I don't understand. Why not? You can't possibly learn anything without one.

when i try to find out about something specific i go to youtube and look at Buckys C++ Programming Tutorials , he talk about them kinda sorta understandebly to me with examples
    That's not a great plan. You really need to find a book, hopefully one in your native language that guides you through the concepts in a way that teaches you what you need to know. It's way too complex a subject to learn from randomly choosing youtube videos.

It isnt random.... go look at his tutorials Buckys C++ Programming Tutorials

he starts from zero like explaning what printf is and goes to more advanced stuff.... well advanced to me

One thing that may help you visualize what's going on is to use meaningful names in your loops, instead of i and j. For example
    Code:
    for(int Row =0; Row < RIDU; Row++)
    {
        for(int Column = 0; Column < VEERGE; Column++)
        {

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Buckys c++ Programming Tutorials (and others like it) show how to code various simple c++ statements. Starting at the beginning they explain the basics of the various constructs that make up the c++ language. What they don't do is to show how to design programs. You may well learn from them how to code a for loop and how to access an array element etc but coming back to your original question, what they don't show is how to design a correct program from a given specification and how to combine the various parts of the language to produce a working program. This is often the hard bit of programming - the design. Once the design has been done, coding it in the required language (in your case c++) can be the easy bit. Before a line of code is produced the program should be designed. This is what the on-line videos don't show.

Hopefully, you have passed this test and are going on to the next part of your course. But what about when the next test comes and the one after that and the one after that?? These tests usually get harder as the course progresses to more advanced topics - and you can't keep asking this forum for detailed help for each test like you have for this one.

GCDEF is absolutely right. You need a book that teaches you how to design programs and code them in c++. There are many c++ books that teach you how to code, but fewer that also show how to design programs. May I suggest that you talk to your tutor(s) about this and see what they recommend. I could give you a list of reasonable c++ books (in English!) but you need one that suits your style of learning. Has the place you attend for this course not got a library containing some c++ books that you could look at? If you would like recommendations for c++ books to read, just post back to this thread and I'm sure various members will let you know their favourites.

Good luck in the future.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

lol not likelly i am from estonia ( a small european country) so finding something off the internet in estonia isnt very likelly
    Well, the go Back in the U.S.S.R
    .., where you, for sure, will find what you need!
    Victor Nijegorodov

lol my book..... i wish i had one, we never had a book for this. Everything we learned is from class and examples given, never seen a book or heard one mentioned.
    Well, e-books exist in this world as well. You could try Amazon.com first.

if i had a book I woulnt have to ask someone how to do it or try to search the internet for random places in english that i bearly can read cuz i dont understand half the c++ lanugae words used.
    So start with e-book/courses on English, why don't you?
    Best regards,
    Igor

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345