CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Very simple recursive algorithm

Write a recursive algorithm that counts the number of times the integer 0 appears in a list of integers. Write a recurrence for the algorithm and solve it.
    Last edited by psk_002; January 18th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Re: Very simple recursive algorithm

[ Moved to its own thread - please do not hijack other threads; new problems should be posted in a new thread ]
    Best Regards,

BioPhysEngr
    http://blog.biophysengr.net
    --
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.

As I said before, we can help you learn, not do your homework for you. What progress have you made towards solving this and where are you stuck?
    Best Regards,

BioPhysEngr
    --
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.

ok fine i ll repost in new thread and more over these are not my homework problems. i am new to coding becz my background s biology. i m learng algorithms fr my thesis work. Hope u under stand

Quote Originally Posted by psk_002 View Post
    Write a recursive algorithm that counts the number of times the integer 0 appears in a list of integers. Write a recurrence for the algorithm and solve it.
    And, DONE!

Viggy

something like that?
    Code:
    void cntZeros(int *a, int len, int *cnt, int* index){ 
         if(a[index]==0) *cnt++;
         index++;
         if(*index<len)cntZeros(a, len, cnt, index);
         return;
    }
    Last edited by BioPhysEngr; February 15th, 2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: add code tags

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your constructive comment. That will work, of course, but perhaps we are subtly suggesting he give the problem a try himself. :-) [But it's fine that you responded!]

Also! A helpful forum trick: if you surround your code with [code] and [/code] blocks, it will preserve formatting. I've modified your post to show you how it woks.
    Best Regards,

BioPhysEngr
    --