CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

The color corresponding to "pink monitor" in cursor editor

Dear code gurus,

Have a question about "cursor editing" tool available in Microsoft Visual Studio. That tool has 2 monitors - teal and pink. Teal seems to specify a transparent color (i.e. Color.Transparent). Pink seems to "invert" colors on the resulting cursor. Does anybody know the definition of pink (i.e. its alpha, red, green and blue values)?

Thank you in advance and best regards!

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: The color corresponding to "pink monitor" in cursor editor

Hit ALT+PRT SC, paste it into MSPAINT and take a look.

If you want to just know the actual shade of pink being displayed on your screen, Arjay's solution is the best one. Is that all you meant? Or were you asking a different question?
    Best Regards,

BioPhysEngr
    http://blog.biophysengr.net
    --
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.

Arjay and BioPhysEngr, thank you for your reply, but this is not what I need!!! I can figure the RGB values of that "pink" using the method suggested but not the "alpha". If one uses this "color" in the image editor (to create a cursor) then the result is "reversed" color (i.e. black when the background is white, etc) and I can not figure out how it is done. Please, help!!!

I am pretty confused about what you are asking. Are you asking how to determine the RGBA values of a color being displayed on screen? Or are you trying to understand how to invert RGBA values?
    Best Regards,

BioPhysEngr
    http://blog.biophysengr.net
    --
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.

BioPhysEng, below is perhaps a better description of my problem.
    I am trying to programmatically create different cursors in my program while it is running. In these cursors I want to have both transparent regions and regions in which the underlying color would be inverted when cursor is over it. An example of such a cursor is shown in picture attached when it is created via the Microsoft Visual Studio Image Editor. Transparent regions are pretty easy, I can use Color.Transparent for those. But I cannot understand how the "inverse" color is defined in cursor. My question is: What is the definition of inverse color (which is in Image Editor shown in "pink", on the example below it is letter "L")? Is it possible to define this color by just specifying Alpha, R, G and B values through the function Color.FromArgb or something special (beyond that) needs to be done when defining such a cursor in program?
    Thank you and best regards,
    balexei.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Create the cursor with the inversed pink value in the editor. Save it. Load it programmatically and read the pixel value.