January 25th, 2013, 08:01 AM
HB Studios is Hiring Software Engineers
HB Studios has been developing quality games in Atlantic Canada for over a decade and we're looking for Software Engineers to join the HB Team.
Email your resumes and any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org
To design and implement code and script as needed for a project, in accordance with schedules agreed upon with the Technical Lead.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with fellow Software Engineers and members of other disciplines on the project team
- Ensure that the Technical Lead is aware of the progress of assigned work
- Alert the Technical Lead of any issues that could disrupt agreed-upon schedules
- Implement code and script to the required coding standards
- Ensure that components are designed and reviewed prior to implementation
- Achieve in game performance targets as required by Production
- High quality work delivered on time
- Positive working relationships fostered with other team members from all disciplines
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Passion for video games
- Willingness to learn new tools, engines and languages
- Practical experience programming in C++
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative
- Demonstrated ability in written and verbal communication
- Strong team player
- Fundamental math skills (matrices, vectors, algebra, etc)
- Computer Science (or similar) Graduate, or two years of relevant experience
DESIRABLE SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Interest in specific game programming disciplines (i.e. artificial intelligence, rendering, user interface, audio, etc.)
- Experience with 3D graphics programming (Shaders, DirectX, OpenGL)
- Experience working on video games
- Experience with Windows programming
- Advanced knowledge in math and physics
This posting will be updated when we are no longer hiring.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This a Codeguru.com survey!