CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: DataGrid window doesn't work when app is distributed

Wow, so I added some MsgBox statements into my code to test on a couple of these machines and I have narrowed it down to these lines...

Set adoBrowseRS = New Recordset
    adoBrowseRS.CursorLocation = adUseClient

Why would one of those cause a problem?

Do you by chance have a reference to any DAO objects in your project?

Seems like I ran into an issue a long time ago related to this can't remember the specifics

How is the adoBrowseRs dimmed?

You could try prefixing the ADODB to both the dim statement and the set statement and see if that helps
    Code:
    Dim adoBrowseRS as ADODB.Recordset
    Set adoBrowseRS = New ADODB.Recordset
    Last edited by DataMiser; January 30th, 2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Interesting. That got me further, even though I don't think I'm using DOA. Now this is the line that is just showing a blank MsgBox...

Set grdBrowse.DataSource = adoBrowseRS

I got a RecordCount from adoBrowseRS and it is returning 22,000 records. Is that too much for the grid to handle? Seems to work fine on other machines though.

I restricted the query to only return the top 10 records and I still got the blank MsgBox...

Name:  2013-01-31 09_11_45-jdexp01 - Remote Desktop - __Remote.png
Views: 1104
Size:  3.8 KB

IMO, your code is sending that msgbox; so you can display the Err.Description in it
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

Quote Originally Posted by jggtz View Post
    IMO, your code is sending that msgbox; so you can display the Err.Description in it
    You're right! The Err.Description was being written to the MsgBox and it was blank! (Sorry, I'm a C# dev and VB6 is new to me)

Ok, so I added in the Err.Number and Err.Source and got this...

Error #30468 from 'SSDW3BO'

I compared the SSDW3BO.OCX on the system that works to the one that doesn't and I found that the one that doesn't work is newer. The one that works is 3.13.0016 and the one that doesn't is 3.13.0019. So, I tried copying the older OCX over the new one, then re-registering it and still no luck.

Probably the sheridan control has its own error codes, but I found the next
    A Runtime Error 30468 error code is usually the result of Windows system corruption. Corrupted system entries can be a real danger to the health and wellbeing of any machine.

There are several events that can have resulted in system file errors. An incomplete install, a partial file deletion, incorrect erasure of programs or equipment. It may also be brought about in the event your personal computer is contaminated with a computer virus or spyware invasion or through a poor shutdown of the system. Any one of the previously mentioned events may well result in the erasure or corruption of Windows system files. That damaged system file will lead to absent and incorrectly connected information and archives essential for the proper operation of the system.
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

Hm, I don't think Windows is corrupted. I'm trying some workarounds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12