CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Question Making folders on FTP server

.NET 2.0 on VS2010.

Hello all!

I'm new to the forum, and I really hope you can help me out.

Ok, I'm writing an app that creates a specific folder tree on my FTP server. The app asks for a customer name and a project ID. When that is given and button is clicked, I want to create a folder name based off of the customer name, a subfolder under that with the Project ID number, and then 3 specific subfolders under the ProjectID folder.

Here's my code:

Code:
    FtpWebRequest req = (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(custPath);                  //---------------------
    req.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("username", "passw");                            // Create ftp folder for 
    req.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.MakeDirectory;                                       // customer name and project ID
    FtpWebResponse makeDirectoryResponse = (FtpWebResponse)req.GetResponse();   //------------------------------
    FtpWebRequest req1 = (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(custPath1);               //--------------------
    req1.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("username", "passw");                          // Creates XML folder
    req1.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.MakeDirectory;                                      //
    FtpWebResponse makeDirectoryResponse1 = (FtpWebResponse)req1.GetResponse(); //--------------------
    FtpWebRequest req2 = (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(custPath2);                //-----------------------
    req2.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("username", "passw");                            // Creates the Logs folder
    req2.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.MakeDirectory;                                       //
    FtpWebResponse makeDirectoryResponse2 = (FtpWebResponse)req2.GetResponse(); //-----------------------
    FtpWebRequest req3 = (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(custPath3);                //-----------------------
    req3.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("username", "passw");                            // Creates the Help Folder
    req3.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.MakeDirectory;                                        //
    FtpWebResponse makeDirectoryResponse3 = (FtpWebResponse)req3.GetResponse();  //-----------------------
    It worked once, and then never worked again. That's what really boggles me. Anyways, I now get a WebException was unhandled error: Remote server returned an error (550) File unavailable (not found, no access) on line 4 or the first FtpWebResponse makeDirectoryResponse statement.

As soon as the folders are created, I have a file uploaded to one of the folders. That actually works, but only if the folders are already there, so the above issue is holding me up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Rhipper

Re: Making folders on FTP server

nevermind. I got.
    Seems you can't make two folders (a folder and a subfolder)at the same time.

Rhipper