CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Change Password Error

Hello Sir,

I am Create login form then change password form.. Heres my code
    i dont get it what is the problem of my code, VB 6 Say: Syntax Error Upadate Statement
    Code:
    Private Sub cmdOk_Click()
    Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
    Dim change As String

If txtOld.Text = Login.txtPassword.Text Then
    rs.Open "Select Password From tblUser where UserID = '" & MDIForm1.id.Caption & "'", acd, adOpenForwardOnly

change = "UPDATE tblUser SET Password ='" & txtNew.Text & "' where UserID = '" & MDIForm1.id.Caption & "'"
    acd.Execute change

MsgBox "Change"
    Else
    MsgBox "Invalid Old Password"

End If

End Sub
    Help me sir thanks

Re: Change Password Error

The only thing that jumps out at me in that line is that you are using Password as a field name which is something you should not be doing, Password is a reserved word. You should as a general rule avoid using any reserved words, spaces or special characters in field names. Of course sometimes the design of the tables is out of our control in which cases you need to use the trusty little [ ] trick

Code:
    change = "UPDATE tblUser SET [Password] ='" & txtNew.Text & "' where UserID = '" & MDIForm1.id.Caption & "'"
    Is there a reason that you are using a select statement before the update there? I can't see any reason why you would do this in that piece of code. You are not doing anythign with it and then you are changing it 2 lines later so whatever is in that recordset would not be what is now in the database...
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Re: Change Password Error

Thanks.. Run Perfectly.. ^_^