How to interpolate R3->R3 (i mean 3D to 3D) function in Matlab? I have found many met
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: How to interpolate R3->R3 (i mean 3D to 3D) function in Matlab? I have found many met

How to interpolate R3->R3 (i mean 3D to 3D) function in Matlab? I have found many met

How to interpolate R3->R3 (i mean 3D to 3D) function in Matlab? I have found many methods to interpolate function R3->R1 (i mean 3D to 1D), but no possible way to accoplish my task. Except for Thin Plate Splines, they worked fine, but I want something new (if it is possible, Kriging).

"Vq = interp3(X,Y,Z,V,Xq,Yq,Zq) returns... X, Y, and Z contain the coordinates of the sample points. V contains the corresponding function values (SCALAR) at each sample point. Xq, Yq, and Zq contain the coordinates of the query points." This is just what I have mentioned at the beginning. interp3 operate with function (bijection, correspondence) from space with 3 coordinates (3D, triplet) to space with 1 coordinate (1D, scalar). I want to establish and operate with correspondence from 3D to 3D..

TPS solves such problems. http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentr...rping-function
    http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentr...-plate-splines
    I used the first link. The interface is pretty straightforward. I marked: 1. points: old positions of control points; 2. ctrlpoints: new positions of control points; 3. object: source template.

But I want Kriging now.

Thank you very much.

Re: How to interpolate R3->R3 (i mean 3D to 3D) function in Matlab? I have found many

you're looking for 3d splines ?

If yes, you'll need more info than that, you'll need an escape/normal vector on the point as well. ANd probbaly you'll want a 'force' value as well.
    or do you just want a flat transition ?
    or do you want a spline going from point a to b by passing through one or more control points ? (if yes, you may still want a normal/escape at a and b, and forve values at a, b and every intermediary).

Or are you looking for 'spline planes' (curved planes, the equivalent of a spline in 2d but with an extra D) ?
    if so then TPS might be a fit, but remember those are only curved on 1 dimension.
    if you want a curved surface 'all around' (radial spline) then that's something else entirely.