February 27th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Software Security Assurance Architect - Reston, VA
This is a full time, on-site, salaried Software Security Assurance Architect position located Reston, VA paying $170,000-$200,000 depending on experience + benefits + equity + relo if required. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates preferred, but client will pay relocation expenses too. Full job/client details shared with qualified applicants.
Do you have a passion for both security and software? Are you able to identify technologies and processes to enhance overall product security? Do you like working in growing, fast-paced environments that get you close to the customer and their problems? Are you a technical leader with good communications skills, a penchant for working in a team, and the ability to convey information to colleagues and customers? Would you like to work with top-notch engineering talent to make a vision into a reality? Look no further, for we may have the job for you!
Our client is looking for motivated, experienced, intelligent candidates to be a part of its Product organization. Be part of an innovative start-up atmosphere, by designing and implementing software security practices for a software product organization. Work with the Chief Security Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and product engineering organization to establish, enact, and enforce software security standards and practices for products. Work with stakeholders to implement processes, programs, and technology within existing engineering processes to reduce the risk of software security flaws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and implement software security processes inside of product management and product engineering processes.
* Serve as the subject matter expert for compliance of products with desired industry and government standards and certifications, such as FIPS and Common Criteria.
* Identify and implement software security testing tools inside a continuous integration process.
* Establish a product security testing process; use internal and external resources to achieve testing goals.
* Conduct product security testing and source code review on products as needed.
* Evaluate security of third party and open source components.
* Work with Engineering leadership to define secure coding standards and integrate security tests into automated unit and integration testing frameworks.
* Develop and deliver a software security training curriculum in conjunction with the Chief Architect and Director of Engineering.
* Communicate with customers as needed to understand and address their security and compliance requirements.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Experience assessing software security via source code and design review as well as penetration testing.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate security needs and ideas with positive energy.
* Ability to build consensus via individual communication and in group settings.
* Background implementing or using source code review technologies, such as Fortify or Veracode.
* Experience integrating software security tools into continuous integration processes.
* Ability to manage software security process improvement projects in a matrixed environment.
* Ability to produce and deliver training on software security issues to an engineering audience.
* Experience certifying products versus common industry security standards.
Education / Experience:
* Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
* 10+ years total professional experience, including:
* 4+ years experience in software engineering.
* 6+ years experience in a software security related role.
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume and salary requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com
Beauregard Gould - Staffing Specialist
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a CodeGuru survey question.