CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy just A help in Java Course!

As, previously I asked the same kind of question regarding a course and some one just told me that you not gonna learn java in 6 classes. So, I am basically not a programmer and I am comparatively new to Java technology , so I was wondering what all topics should be covered up if i have to start java from the start and has any one
    studied or got any info regarding this 6 week java training online course http://www.wiziq.com/course/12145-th...ng-certificate and should we also have knowledge of C language before we further move on to Advance Java topics??

Re: just A help in Java Course!

Yes it is true that you can't learn Java in 6 classes. I recommend picking up on object-oriented programming principles (encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism), along with understanding even the basic data structures first. C is a great language, but it doesn't have the OOP principles that Java has; therefore, the basic principles are the way to go. Then Java should be quite easy to pick up (learn its syntax while you are at OOP also).

Re: just A help in Java Course!

If you really want to learn Java Programming, you can get help from free online tutoring websites like Code.org, TutorIndia, khanacademy and so on.