February 28th, 2013, 09:06 AM
HELP: UNICODE conversion sprung up problems with CString & CHARFORMAT2
I converted an old example code (SteveKing's SpellEdit):
to UNICODE. Also it was made for Visual Studio 7.1 (2003) but I managed to fiddle with it to get it compiling/working under Visual Studio 6.0 (because that's what I have).
Everything is working fine in non-UNICODE. So I converted the project into UNICODE and now I get lots of build errors, such as:
error C2664: 'spell' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'class CString' to 'const char *'
The whole MySpell library/code uses char * everywhere... and even HunSpell uses char * everywhere too. So how come previously (in non-UNICODE) there was an implicit conversion between CString & const char *, but after changing project to UNICODE I get this error.
PS: This is not problem about converting CString to char * - even though I've tried this, it just doesn't work.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width