hello all,

I noticed that this forum has many viewers and I try to post on forums that have that. This is a duplicated post from StackOverFlow.com simply because over there it seems they require extreme specificity on issues. Here's what I need help with:

===============================================

Hello All,

What I have to do is write a small program in C++ to parse the symbols that are used on 5 different lines of text in each position until position 30 is reached on each line. The goal of the parsing program is to interpret the symbols (characters), if there are any per each position, on the 5 lines of text in order to output the actual data that the group of symbols represents.

My question for is this: Is there anything special from a C++ environment that should go in to something like this outside of using standard stuff like the math associated with the search algorithm that has to happen here? The symbols are located in a file, so I know I have to include "iostream" and a few other headers. But outside of header inclusions and the code necessary to iterate and streamline the search and interpretation process, am I missing anything special that I couldn't otherwise find through simple google searches?

thanks guys.

===============================================