an odd question
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums

Thread: an odd question

Traverse City, MI

an odd question

Alright ladies and gools,

I've got a rather serious question. Does anyone know of any source code sitting around for pdf417 barcode encoding? I've seen some examples out there in c, and maybe one in Java, but I was hoping I might find one in c#.

Thanks in advance for the help,

If you found it in java, you should be able to convert it.

I am scifi

United States

Re: an odd question

SharpDevelop (my favorite IDE!) can do VB.NET -> C# conversion automagically... might be useful in adapting rogermiller's linked page
    Best Regards,

All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.

DataMiser is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: an odd question

I have a DLL I got from Symbol several years ago that allows the creation of barcodes through code. I got it specifically for PDF417 generation. I think it came with sample code on how to use it with different languages and the DLL was free. I used it in VB5 and then VB6. I do not know if they still offer something like this on their site or if it has been updated to work with C# but I would say there is a good chance that it has. I would suggest that anyone who needs to do this try searching the Motorola web site [used to be Symbol]
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.