CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

please help me find code for a client server application

i have looked at loads of websites but i just can't find code for a simple client server application using a console application (visual studios).

I just want an application where:
    server waits for connections
    client connects to server (display message when connected)
    server accepts connection (display another message)

can someone please link some simple source code files or websites? the easier the better

all code i have tried so far have errors in them. I also tried looking up code for sockets and still found nothing

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: please help me find code for a client server application

All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Re: please help me find code for a client server application

i think he is using Datagram. i want to TCP/IP.
    also i don't want the client to have to enter in the ip address.
    i want to connect to the server automatically
    and the client then receives the ip address from the server (displayed by message in client)