CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hopefully a simple CSS / HTML question

Hi all. I am a very basic coder, trying to help a friend out. I'm trying to move the login and social icons into the same container with the search form (not within the form itself, of course, but into the parent div) and then float the search form and the cart/social div in opposite directions and apply margins/padding as appropriate. I've tried a bunch of things, and nothings worked because I don't know what i'm doing. Plus it's a drupal site, which adds to the frustration.

Any chance someone could tell me what I would need to change/add/subtract? I can upload the CSS if needed.

http://heyleeb.com

Re: Hopefully a simple CSS / HTML question

Being that it is a CMS based site, the login form, social media icons, and search form are probably all separate extensions. You would probably have to edit the actual extensions to accomplish that.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

How would I do that?

I didn't mention because you called yourself a "very basic coder". Rewriting someone elses extensions would be a pain even for a very seasoned professional. It would first take time to see how the original author did it. After that, merging 3 extensions together would be a huge task.

You could attempt to contact the original authors of the extensions. But I'm guessing they won't want to touch someone else's extensions either...Unless you get lucky and all three were done by the same developer.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.