CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Issues today?

Issues today?

Am I the only one experiencing issues with the forum today? Let me know If you are too. If you have trouble posting, feel free to tell me via email at bjones.<at>internet.com
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Issues today?

I had an issue with duplicated posts (two or three times) today. Well, my posts were NOT duplicated but I got warnings about the attempts to post more than one post within the interval < 30 seconds!
    Victor Nijegorodov

Thanks for the feedback Victor. That is one of the issues.
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

It didn't hit myself but I've seen accidental double-posts by other users, quite some of which are really arrived members of whom I'd suppose they know how to use the forum.

Today I submitted a post by clicking Post Quick Reply. After quite some time of waiting, I was dropped on the advanced editor page. However, I was quite sure I didn't click the wrong button, so I didn't try to submit the post again. Instead I copied it to the clipboard (as a backup) and zapped back to the thread where I found the post already had arrived.

In general, the sloth problem seems to be back. I also even hit a few database errors and once CG was unreachable for quite some time, it didn't even respond to pings (the latter may as well be a problem on the side of my ISP, however). And that's not just been the past one or two days; three or four feels more realistic to me. All that has been much worse sometimes earlier since the update, though.

And the forum search apparently still isn't back to normality...
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.