CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Iframe Timeout

Hybrid View

Question Iframe Timeout

Why does my webpage within my iFrame timeout?

It times out as soon as the webpage is loaded, and the "time out message" is from the website that I am trying to load in the iFrame. The "timed out message" is within the iFrame.

Re: Iframe Timeout

Not really a java question ... but anyway
    Have you tried accessing the site which times out directly, rather than through an iframe?
    What is serving the site - a web server, tomcat, j2ee server etc?
    You should check its logs to ensure that (1) it has actually got the request, (2) there might be something in the error logs to indicate what has gone wrong or why it is taking so long you get a time out.

Re: Iframe Timeout

Quote Originally Posted by AlexVV View Post
    Have you tried accessing the site which times out directly, rather than through an iframe?
    Yes, and it works fine. The URL does not end with a .html or a .htm, instead, it just ends with the name of the document without an extension. It only times out when I open it in a frame or an iFrame.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexVV View Post
    What is serving the site - a web server, tomcat, j2ee server etc?
    This I am not sure of. I've noticed that most websites will not let me open the site within an iFrame. Google.com for example, will give an error message.

The site I would like to open in an iFrame though, it actually loads the website, but not the actual page. Instead, it loads a webpage from the website that says it has timed out.

How can I find out what is serving the site?