CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Which one should I choose

I have had 2 interviews cosatech.com and sap.com
    both for the same position. the latter asked me to come for the second round interview with the German team.
    I don't know which one I choose to work for if I could pass all tests

Re: Which one should I choose

Quote Originally Posted by terminalXXX View Post
    I don't know which one I choose to work for if I could pass all tests
    Then flip a coin.
    Cheers, D Drmmr

Please put [code][/code] tags around your code to preserve indentation and make it more readable.

As long as man ascribes to himself what is merely a posibility, he will not work for the attainment of it. - P. D. Ouspensky

thank you for your reply, I signed the job offer with the former (cosatech) but I will also come for the interview with the German team of the latter on this Sunday afternoon (only would want to learn how tricky their questions might be and what C++ gap/holes I am having if the weather isn't too bad).
    Last edited by terminalXXX; March 15th, 2013 at 07:46 AM.

Today I came for the interview

We talked a lot, here is a short C++ program that I was asked

Code:
    int *iv=new int[200];
    for(char i=0;i<200;i++)
    {
       iv[i]=i;
    }
    std::vector<int> v;
    for(char i=0;i<200;i++)
    {
       v.push_back(iv[i]);
    }
    Discuss the above code performance, scalability when in use in both 32 and 64 bit systems.

I don't know which to choose again now.
    In cosatech I have to work on[in] time, hourly based(8AM-5PM). in SAP, if I am accepted, i can follow a flexible work hour rule.
    In cosatech they offer me a benefit that in my probationary period I can almost get the whole proposed salary (Only 7%off) [Usually it is at most 20%off the proposed monthly income during the probationary period as the local law article requests]. In SAP, they have not yet informed me that they hire me but from everything of today's interview and previous meeting, I guess they would and that I don't think they will offer me such a similar benefit. In SAP I will have to work at the system level coding in C++ for in-memory database systems; that is why for system performance wise, writing best optimized code is expected [write, rewrite], their explanation sounds attracting to me.

If only my professor were here offering me an insight, any advice to enlighten me.
    Last edited by terminalXXX; March 17th, 2013 at 06:39 AM.