CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deploy - Setup problem!! Installed program wont run!

hi everyone,

i'm trying to make an exe of my win form app. i tried to make a setup using installCreator and VS12 installShield LE but the result was the same. the setup was created, the install was complited be the app wasn't running in my mates pc!! no dll missing or any other error. i tried changing the runtime lidrary from project properties to multy-threaded degub (no dll) but then it returns this error D8016: '/clrure' and '/MTd' command-line options are incompatible....

p.s. on my ps it run.

Re: Deploy - Setup problem!! Installed program wont run!

copy CADO-VN1.COM de xem chi tiet huong dan

huong dan ca cuoc tren mang
    huong dan ca cuoc online
    huong dan ca do bong da
    huong dan ca cuoc bong da
    huong dan ca do tren mang
    huong dan ca cuoc tren mang

i didnt find that file in my system... and i don't realy understood the rest. if you can reply in english that would be perfect!!

This is spam - don't try to understand it

i thought so since i translate it... i was just being nice... any ideas alex?

plz guys give me something, anything, every idea is more than wellcome...

C++/CLI WinForms application has the following runtime requirements: .NET Framework and VC++ Runtime. They should be added as prerequisites to the installation package.
    What exactly is "the app wasn't running"? Is there any error message?

no there is no error as i said before!! i added .net framework 4.5 as a prerequisites but i'm not sure if the setup installs it too or just checks if it exist in the system. eitherway nothing is shown in the screen. the mouse cursor changes (loading) but nothing happens...

You may want to have look into the Windows Event Log. The .NET framework sometimes posts error messages there in case of app startup failure. That has given me valuable information quite some times. (Ok, for that, of course, the framework must already have been installed , but that's rather easy to check, and perhaps diagnostic messages from other sources, like the OS, are also helpful.)
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

i read about the event viewer in an older reply of yours on a similar topic. my question is i should check the event viewer on the target pc and not mine, right?? or in a virtual box??

You should check the event log on the system where your app fails to start, so I'd say that's the target PC here, or a virtual box (or any other system) on which rou're able to reproduce the failure. After all it's a runtime issue, isn't it?
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

Yeah i believe it's a runtime issue (compiler posts 6 errors, 4 in stdlib.h and 2 in vadefs.h but i think that they re not the problem). i used dependency walker and it didnt find anything missing. the Windows Event Log reported 1 information and 2 errors.

1)Fault bucket -813065184, type 1
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: pamepali.exe
    P2: 0.0.0.0
    P3: 514b0bfe
    P4: KERNELBASE.dll
    P5: 6.2.9200.16451
    P6: 50988a1f
    P7: e0434352
    P8: 00012005
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    C:\Users\Xristos\AppData\Local\Temp\WER212C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
    C:\Users\Xristos\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_pamepali.exe_f8903a42357b7c5821dbd8e6cd6e7d39ca87ec58_1a0e2773

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 145f8e62-923a-11e2-afba-001a80fb78e1
    Report Status: 0
    Hashed bucket: e8ed8cf0722fb4d7cd45ee3363ac7df3

2) Faulting application name: pamepali.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x514b0bfe
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988a1f
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x00012005
    Faulting process id: 0xa60
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce2644f235cb45
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\%blahblah%\My Product Name\pamepali.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 30285e89-9238-11e2-afba-001a80fb78e1
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

3) Application: pamepali.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
    Stack:

From what i can tell from this there is something wrong with KernelBase.dll but i checked in system32 and it was there... can it be that the name is not in caps?

oh guys i think i found out what was going on and if i'm correct it was a silly mistake from the begining. i changed configuration manager properties from debug to release...

Thumbs up Re: Deploy - Setup problem!! Installed program wont run!

Fine you fixed it!

kernelbase.dll is mentioned in the error reports because that's where the original exception got thrown. If it wouldn't have been found, the message would have been considerale different (but I doubt that in this case the respective Windows installation would have properly started up in the first place).

The reason that the exception originates in the depths of a low-level system DLL most probably is at least part of the reason why the error information you got actually was rather sparse. When I get such reports about an exception thrown in my own code or in .NET framework code that has been called by mine, the stack trace usually isn't empty and is of great help in spotting the culprit function. (In a debug build the stack trace even refers to line numbers, but debug builds only run on systems with VS installed, and as I interpret your description, you probably would never have been able to reproduce the failure on such a system.)

One of the drastic bugs I spotted using the event log was caused by the subtle difference that under Windows 7 (and perhaps already Vista), the Form::Resize event gets fired indirectly from inside InitializeComponent() during form class contruction, but not under XP, which I have on my development machine. I can't remember ever haveing seen that documented anywhere. And my handler for that event wasn't prepared for being called with the class being initialized incompletely and hit a NullReferenceException when that happened.

All that pretty much demonstrates why it's important to test your code on others than the development machine too.

So, now may be a good occasion to mark the thread [RESOLVED].
    Last edited by Eri523; March 21st, 2013 at 02:34 PM.

one last thing eri. you suggested chart class for graphs in cli but my compiler does not see System::Windows::Forms:ataVisualization::Charting as a member of forms! does it only exist for c#?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast