CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Views Tabs and Splitters

Hi,

We know a document can have multiple views, if we want to display these views simultaneously using the doc/view model then
    we can use splitters embedded in the ChildFrame or tabs using the CTabView

What I want is to be able to display multiple views with splitters within tabs
    Is this possible, it was not many years ago and I used this library
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...-and-Splitters

But this work has long be abandoned and does not work correctly with the new MFC extensions classes CMDIChildWndEx
    Which I now want to upgrade to using VS 2012.

Any ideas?

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Views Tabs and Splitters

To use splitters in each tab of tabbed UI you don't need anything non-standard.
    Just use App Wizard to create a new MDI project with tabbed views. Then in child frame class you override OnCreateClient to add CSplitterWnd::CreateStatic and CSplitterWnd::CreateView calls...
    Victor Nijegorodov

Question Re: Views Tabs and Splitters

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    To use splitters in each tab of tabbed UI you don't need anything non-standard.
    Just use App Wizard to create a new MDI project with tabbed views. Then in child frame class you override OnCreateClient to add CSplitterWnd::CreateStatic and CSplitterWnd::CreateView calls...
    Hi Victor,

I dont think thats quite what I want...

Yes that would give me a tab with a split view, but I want a childframe with two tabs, in each tab is two views with a splitter, these views in each tab are different.

When you create a new tab in the mdi its a single tab per new instance, I want 2 tabs per new instance. I want these tabs in the childframe, not the mainframe, hope i am making sense?