CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Can't add rep point with an empty "reason" field

Since when the system requires the "reason" field to be non-empty when giving reputation points?

Re: Can't add rep point with an empty "reason" field

Maybe when the upgrade was done a few months ago and the version of vBuelltin changed.

Just put a smilie or "thanks". Next time I'm in the option settings I'll take a look to see if this is a setting that can be adjusted.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

-----------------------------------------------

Well, yeah - I've done something like that - but it is something of an annoyance. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks.

One of my pet peeves has always been getting reputation without any 'wording'. This always gets me thinking : Was I truly helpful? Or, did the person just feel, ah well you tried... Or, Are you crazy?

So I personally feel that a decent description should be entered in that field - then everyone will truly know when they have been helpful or not, or just getting reputation just for the sake of it.

@HanneSThEGreaT: Well, in my case, I gave reputation to someone who was helping another person, and made a comment I agree with. So, I suppose there wouldn't have been to much confusion there.

I don't think you should give a lack of description such attention - to me, what has been said on the thread itself is more important. If the OP failed to express that further clarification, or further discussion on the subject could be beneficial - well, then that is the OP's problem. Yeah, you try to be as helpful as possible - but communication is a two way street. You can't be expected to read people's minds - just assume the descriptionless rep point was deserved and move on. IMO, there's no real (or good enough) reason to reflect about it too much.