CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Need Basic Information

I am studying C# and Windows Form Programming. I am using Visual Studio Express 2010.

I want to ask .. In C# programming .. we don't need .h file ? We don't need function declarations ? I am confused.

I added a class directly , wrote functions ( methods) in that and used them directly .... The program runs successfully

Thanking u,

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Need Basic Information

Your best bet for this kind of information is to find a simple online C# tutorial.

Thankx a lot Arjay Sir .. I have read a lot of C# Tutorials and also studying books of APress and Manning publication. But there is no one to guide me , so asking my judgement in the forum. I have worked on c and vc++ for last 10 years and have a habit of Doc-View architecture. So finding all this new.
    Thanks once again and always do suggest useful links and books.

No header files are needed in C#. The declaration of the signature at method implementation is enough. Not clear about the specifics, but the method signatures are all just contained in the compiled assemblies. Actually, if you think about it, header files were always a bit of a kludge: (a) they violate the Single Source of Truth principle, and (b) better to just have explicit documentation than to try to work it out from the header.

If you're linking against a C/C++ assembly, you may want to look into extern and dllimport: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e59b22c5.aspx
    Best Regards,

BioPhysEngr
    http://blog.biophysengr.net
    --
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.

Red face Re: Need Basic Information

Thank u BioPhysEngr Sir,

I felt very courageous .. fighting all alone with C# .. It is no doubt wonderful experience but need to verify what I felt.