If it is possible, I'd like to know how to intercept messages sent to controls on a dialog.

I'm working on a large application with a large number of dialogs, each with a number of controls on the dialog. I need to be able to intercept messages sent to these controls so that I can determine if the controls really need to take action on these messages. I could subclass each control and override the specific event handlers but due to the volume of controls in the application this could take a very long time, will introduce risk if controls are missed, and will increase maintenance costs. What I want to do is create a class which is derived from CDialog and each of the dialogs in the application would then be derived from this new dialog class. The new dialog class would intercept messages sent to any control on the dialog and if the dialog decides that the control should do something then the dialog will pass the message on to the control.

example:
CExistingDialog is derived from CNewDialog is derived from CDialog
CExistingDialog has a number of controls. When the code in CExistingDialog calls CWnd::EnableWindow on one of these controls I want CNewDialog to intercept the message, determine what should be done with the message, and then pass it on to the control.

I'm not very familiar with the messaging framework. I've tried overriding a few of the methods of CNewDialog but none of them ever receive the message to enable the window. I assume this is because the message is sent directly to the child window (the control).

Is there any way to intercept these messages? I don't know much about hooks either but is this a possible option?

Thank you in advance for your help!