CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Reload MDIForm is not running ?

Suppose I have two forms: frmMDIMenu and frmLogIn. Login frmMIDMenu and normal load, now have problems running the program you want is not reloaded frmMDIMenu ? I had to use the Reload command frmMDIMenu be okay ? or alternatively reload MDIForm running it ?

Re: Reload MDIForm is not running ?

Can't tell what you are trying to ask.

A MDI would not be unloaded until you are ready to close out the application and it would never be reloaded. This is a container for your other forms and should be always there.

Unless of course you are referring to MDI Child forms which would require you to have the MDI Form already loaded and shown. i.e. The "Parent Form"

No idea what you mean by reload command as there is no such statement.

Typically you use the Show method to show a form, hide if you want to keep it loaded but not visible and unload if you are done with it. You can use Show if the form is loaded or not, if it is hidden or not. You can not however use the Modal flag on a mdi child nor can you use show for a form that is already being shown modally.

If this does not address your question then you will need to do a better job of describing what issue you are having.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

That is, after logging MDIFrmMenu frmLogin and loaded successfully, and on this MDIFrmMenu suppose I drew a picture something. If I use MDIFrmMenu.Show MDIFrmMenu.Hide and use it to open the picture in MDIFrmMenu MDIFrmMenu not be deleted. I want MDIFrmMenu to refresh the entire load. I also have used MDIFrmMenu.Refresh but not

What do you mean by refresh the entire load?

If the case described you are not reloading the form you are simply showing it a second time after hiding it. It was never unloaded nor would it be reloaded.

If you are drawing on the form then you may need to set the auto redraw to true.

Can i refresh or reload MDIForm when MDIForm running ? (notes not form child)

No you can't reload a form while it is running. There is no reason to do so. It is already loaded.
    Refresh simply refreshes the display and you can do this on any control or form.

That said I still have no idea what you are trying to do