CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Desactived all windows unless ONE.

In my aplication I have some type of windows showed in an instance of time, and an action shows a new one that i want have the focus all the time , in the way that i can´t works with noone of the others. THey all are windows, child windows an modeless dialogs, but i don´t know how to do. I try use EnableWindow(FALSE) that all the others windows and dialogs, but not works. Can someone help me?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Desactived all windows unless ONE.

EnableWindow(FALSE) disables the window. If it is used properly then it does work.
    How do you use it? Show your code.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Re: Desactived all windows unless ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by pererm View Post
    In my aplication I have some type of windows showed in an instance of time, and an action shows a new one that i want have the focus all the time , in the way that i can´t works with noone of the others. THey all are windows, child windows an modeless dialogs, but i don´t know how to do.
    The situation like this most probably indicates certain (or huge) problem in UI design. Having a pile of disabled windows on my desktop would look messy and annoying to me. Having one super modal window popping up when a second before I was working with modeless dialogs would annoy me even more. Your app must be of really high value to stay installed on my workstation.

I try use EnableWindow(FALSE) that all the others windows and dialogs, but not works. Can someone help me?
    You need to demo us about what "not works." As Victor already said, it does work when used proper way.
    Best regards,
    Igor