CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

C++ Solving problems

DELETE THIS, Solved
    Last edited by bLackip93; April 29th, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: C++ Solving problems

Help? Yes. Do it for you? No.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

When posting code, please format properly first and use code tags (Go Advanced, select code and click '#')

What problems are you having writing the required code? What have you tried so far? As this is homework we can't write the code for you but we can comment upon what you provide. Please read

http://forums.codeguru.com/showthrea...ork-assignment
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Not doing it for me, but helping me to solve this part of homework, so maybe i can do the other parts of my homeworks and i will learn it, i have 5 more different homework like this.. and sorry for my english, i translated the homework into english

Give me a little bit the idea how to do it, and i'll keep trying to solve it, im a begginer on c++ told ya, is the first grade im having this subject, and i translated the homework into english, maybe is not very understoodable.
    Im not asking for someone to do the homework for me, im just asking for help so i can do 5 other homeworks like this also, but first gotta learn solving this.

Quote Originally Posted by bLackip93 View Post
    Im not asking for someone to do the homework for me, im just asking for help so i can do 5 other homeworks like this also, but first gotta learn solving this.
    There is no such thing as asking for help with a programming assignment unless you've written a program and it doesn't work properly, or you know how to write programs but the algorithm is tricky, or other similar scenario.

Otherwise, the only way to "help" is to give you the answer, i.e. write the code for you. There is nothing anyone can tell you except to study your notes and come back with a real attempt at answering the questions if you have further issues.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

Give me a little bit the idea how to do it, and i'll keep trying to solve it, im a begginer on c++ told ya,
    There are many beginners who could complete this assignment if they know what a struct is and how to use them.

Second, a C++ assignment for beginners wouldn't involve structs, unless structs were taught to them. Somehow it is hard to believe this is a first or second program, so somewhere you must have learned what a struct is and how it's used in a C++ program.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

I understood the homework perfectly. But giving you the code for a homework assignment is called cheating. You have to learn it yourself. It takes time and can be hard work but if you want to learn c++ programming it's something you have to do. If you don't understand what your teacher has said, then get a good intro book on c++ and read it - there are lots available. There are also several web sites that have c++ tutorials. Look at

http://www.learncpp.com/
    http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

You want an idea.

Code:
    int Grade_Average()
    {
    //Implement the method witch tells(sets) the average grade.
    }
    You have an array of int grades. Average grade is the sum of the grades divided by the number of grades. So this function has to sum the grades for the number of exams and then divide by the number of exams. You will need a for loop.

Try to write the code yourself then post it here and we'll comment upon your code.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Not doing it for me, but helping me to solve this part of homework, so maybe i can do the other parts of my homeworks and i will learn it, i have 5 more different homework like this.. and sorry for my english, i translated the homework into english
    Did your course come with a book? Have you read it yet?

Start with one piece and see what you can do.

Thanks to everyone, i have solve and done it. thanks again