CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Need Help!

Need Help!

I need to know how to code the following problems.. I am stuck
    1) A positive integer is classified as being deficient, perfect, or abundant - depending on
    whether the sum of the divisors of N is less than, equal to, or greater than N. In summing the
    divisors, 1 is included, but N itself is not. For example, the divisors of 4 are 1 and 2; since 1
    + 2 =3, is a deficient number. The divisors of 6 are 1,2, and 3; since 1+2+3 = 6, 6 is a
    perfect number. The divisors of 12 are 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6; since 1+2+3+4+6=16,12 is an
    abundant number. Write a program that accepts a positive integer as input, and reports its
    classification.

2) Mathematicians study a class of problems known as random walk problems. The following
    is an example. The suspended foot bridge over the Epsilon River is 20 steps across and 8
    steps wide. After having spent too many hours drinking at a nearby pub, a person walking
    home must cross this bridge. Each time this person takes a step forward across this wobbly
    bridge he also takes a step to one side or the other. The probability of a step to the left is
    exactly equal to the probability of a step to the right. This person steps on to the bridge
    exactly on the centre line, but if he should travel to the left or right more than 4 steps, he
    will fall off. Simulate the bridge crossing 100 times to find out what percentage of the time
    the person will successfully make it to the other side without falling off.

Re: Need Help!

Do You know how to resolve them manually ?
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

No I don't know.. I'm actually new with Visual Basic so I need to know how to code these problems

David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!