CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Threaded View

reverse the string sequence in a string buffer

hello again! I made a simple little program that takes text from the clipboard, and spits out all the lines I've copied one at a time (so my program can analyze it).

everything works perfectly, except, it spits it own in the wrong order, I want it to spit out from bottom to top. but currently it spits out the data from top to bottom. here is my code :

Code:
    #include <iostream>
    #include <Windows.h>
    #include <string>
    #include <sstream>

using namespace std;

int main()
    {
         HANDLE clip; // assigns the var. clip to hold a handle ID.

if (OpenClipboard(NULL)) // checks to see if there is data in the clipboard & opens it
         {
              clip = GetClipboardData(CF_TEXT); // gets the handle of the clipboard.
              CloseClipboard(); //closes the clipboard (be tidy! lol)
         }

string text; // make the var "text" string type.
         text = (char*)clip; // grabs the strings from the clipboard and stores it in "text"
         cout << (char*)clip << endl << endl; // shows me whats currently in the clipboard

std::istringstream f(text); // splits the string into it's seperate lines.
         std::string line; // <- the variable that will hold the current line

while (std::getline(f, line)) // Uses sstream **** I want this loop to run backwards! ******
         {
              std::cout << line << std::endl; //show the current line to be inspected
              // ADD DIAGNOSING CODE HERE.
              Sleep(1000); // makes it wait a bit before posting the line so I can see it one by one.
         }

Sleep(4000);

}
    *edited for clarification purposes

the **** I want this loop to run backwards! ****** part is, like it say's what I want to work backwards.
    where as I know how to flip a while loop like this: while(x < 5), I have No idea how to flip a loop like the one I'm using.

anyone have any Idea's how I can do this?
    thank you!
    Last edited by peteandperry; April 27th, 2013 at 02:38 PM.